You and Your Friend - Dire Straits - Piano Cover


Covering "You and Your Friend" was a hard job because the piano cannot make "pizzicato" and cannot bend notes. 
Unfortunately, this is exactly how the guitar and the pedal steel guitar play along with the whole Song.

After the first bars, together with Mark Knopfler's guitar, the left hand starts playing the bassline as you can hear it on the original version (John Illsley makes more changes, but I didn't want to get crazy!).

My arrangement includes Intro, Verses, and Chorus exactly as I play them in the video.
The final solo is split into 2 parts:
  • left-hand bassline (transcribed as I play it);
  • right-hand guitar solo (raw notes only, I didn't want to get crazy again!).
I used these raw notes to practice the solo before making the video.

Enjoy this arrangement for free or buy me a coffee and support this blog! Thank you!



Product Cover look inside Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms Piano/Vocal/Guitar Artist Songbook. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.306118).




Comments