Going Home (Local Hero) - Mark Knopfler - Piano Cover

I have added a left hand accompaniment (that sometimes tries to sound like the original bassline) to the right hand that plays the guitar notes.

In the first part of this song, the melody comes out by emphasizing some notes in the right hand. A line under the note indicates that you need to put an accent on it, see the example below (bar #1):
There are some call and response in this Song, in which the right and left hand repeat the same note one after the other.

This is an example (the red rings = repeated notes):

Download my piano arrangement of Going Home by Mark Knopfler:

Comments

  1. This is wonderful. Would it be possible to have a copy of the sheet music of this Gaetano?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! I just replied your email!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gaetano !
      Wonderful job ! Congrats it's great ! :)
      Could I have me too a copy of the sheet? :)
      (excuse my english I'm french :D )
      Thanks a lot !

      Delete
  3. Hello! I am finally returning to the piano after many years away from music. I am interested in the sheet music, as my father is begging me to play this piece (mark knopfler is one of his favorite musicians). Would you please be so kind as to send a copy? It would mean the world to both of us.

    Thanks for considering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great cover Gaetano . One of the best.
    Is it possible to get a copy of the sheet music?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Just use the support link above, it's up to you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Gaetano,
    I found this great piece on YouTube and then discovered your blog. AMAZING work here!! I would like to ask if it is a possible to have a copy of the sheet of going home, coz a good friend of mine loves this song and I would like to practice for his birthday. Thanks so much in advance!
    Best,
    Xiaotong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very easy and up to you, just use the support link at the end of the post! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Do you have the sheet music for this redention ? - one of the best I've heard. Gettign back into playing the piano and this would be a great challenge for me. mark Knopfler is our local hero (from Newcastle Upon Tyne), and seen him so many times. would love to learn to play this tune.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, great! Is it possible to have a copy of your sheet too ? Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment