Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved - Piano Cover


This is a song that really touches the heart and is also very enjoyable to play. 

Instead of the usual "Grand Piano" sound, I choose this time the "Mellow Piano" because it is a little softer and damped.

This is the chord progression: 
D♭ - A♭ - B♭m - G♭(intro, verse, bridge, chorus)
E♭m - B♭m - A♭ - B♭ - E♭m - Bm - A♭(middle eight)

During the song, I play some 10th intervals which are impossible to play for small hands. These notes are not necessary but they fill the left-hand accompaniment giving it a nice flow without sudden breaks:

Sometimes I jump with the right hand in the middle of the keyboard to play the 10th note (example on the left), sometimes I use only one hand (example on the right), sometimes they are impossible to play even for me and I make a very fast arpeggio, instead of playing both notes together.

My transcription includes 3 different versions:
  1. Intermediate: as I play it on YouTube.
  2. Beginners: without any 10th interval.
  3. Very easy: with a much easier accompaniment.
Download my arrangement of Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi:


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment